Having chosen to swallow the red pill...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's easy to forget

Before you read this morning's post, please follow this link by copying and pasting it into your browser:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery
/06/asia_pac_two_wheels_good_in_cambodia/html/8.stm

With both UK and Sweden aiming to ease their unemployment statistics by getting up to 50% of young people into university-level education and with jobs such as window-cleaning and vacuum selling soon to be a three year degree course, it is all too easy to forget that for very, very many people, university is a far of dream or an extreme privilege.

(As for those of us on our second degree, well, I once read a quote by a lady whose name I have forgotten, but who defined luxury as 'being able to do what you want with your time'. I guess that means that I am living the life of luxury and therefore should embrace my law course not as a chore, but as more of a privilege. Hmmm, that I will have to think about!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home